Saturday, June 25, 2022

Relaxing day at the Villa and Siena!






Our stay for a week under the Tuscan sun.


More pool views


Apertivo each evening

Monday we relaxed at Isabella by the pool and got an amazing massage by an amazing Italian Masseuse.  It definitely had some unexpected parts and it was nice I could give Becky a heads up before she went in for her treatment.  Just another reason I love Europe...there just aren't all the rules.

On our third day we had an excursion with the group to Siena.  I had been before years ago of course, but I was happy to visit again knowing what a special spot it is.


Sunset views 


Siena Duomo and the Shewolf!



First yummy pasta dish!


Main Piazza del Campo of Siena where the Palio is held

Not my rental car, but a cute one.


Horse stall for the race


One of the 17 neighborhoods (or contrade) that participate in the Palio. This is the Selva with the rhino and oak tree as the symbol.







No comments: