Monday, June 19, 2023

Zurich

I started this trip with the perfect around 48 hours in Zurich! Lindsey was so kind to come pick me up at the airport which is a quick train and tram ride from her house (about 30 minutes door to door). We did get a fine on the tram because she was thinking it worked for two hours within the two zones and then my ticket didn’t go through but didn’t let that ruin our fun beginning. Jet lag has been no joke for me this trip; unfortunately I think that only gets harder and harder. I went back to her place and had to sleep for a few hours because that had not been successful on the flight. When I had settled a bit and she was done with work we started our quick Zurich tour. While I have been to Zurich a few times it was not with a local guide. We started with a spritz and some Israeli food (hummus, pita and baked eggplant) and watched the Friday evening scene. From there we walked to the Damn Bar and even got to see surfing on the river on our way. Walking through the Limmat gives you a taste of the different kinds of people that live in CH and also some nightlife. That night with some sleeping assistance I actually slept okay. 














No comments: